Monday 15th April 2019
Visitor Centre Assistant & Tour Guide (seasonal role)
Glen Scotia is one of the finest Scotch Whisky distilleries in Scotland. We are very proud of the fact that it still maintains much of its original design and we are now looking to expand the Glen Scotia Visitor Centre team with a new Visitor Centre Assistant & Tour Guide role (temporary role).
The ideal candidate is someone who will enjoy playing a challenging role as part of an ambitious and talented team, relish the variety which comes as being part of a small but dedicated distillery team and be someone who will thrive in the “getting stuck in” atmosphere.
This role represents a unique opportunity for someone to gain experience in the thriving Scotch Whisky industry. A proven ability to work well in a customer facing role will be essential and previous experience in the Scotch Whisky industry is not as important as a willingness to learn and a “can do” attitude.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working with the distillery management team to ensure a high quality visitor experience by delivering excellent levels of customer care for all visitors.
• Conducting regular guided tours, walking tours and whisky tastings (training provided).
• Ensuring that the Visitor Centre areas are well presented, fully stocked & tidy at all times.
• Assisting the distillery management team with delivering the events programme (including the Glen Scotia Open Day during the Campbeltown Whisky Festival) and in managing group visits to ensure the smooth running of all events.
• Assisting the management team with cash handling, banking and associated paperwork and in ensuring all daily shop controls are undertaken in a timely manner in compliance with the visitor centre rules.
The role holder will work 10am – 5pm, five days out of six (Saturdays will be required but the visitor centre is usually closed on Sundays). A flexible approach will be essential.
Contract duration: 8th May – 30th September 2019.
Salary range: £18k-£22k depending on experience.
Bonus potential: of up to £1500 upon satisfactory completion of the contract.
Holidays: 25 days annual leave (pro-rated)
Application process: Applications should be made, in writing, no later than 12noon on 20th April 2019 and should be emailed to: email@example.com
Each application should contain a CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to be considered for the role. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Interviews are likely to take place on 25th April 2019 and candidates must be available on that date if selected for interview.
Previous applicants for similar positions are welcome to apply for this role.